Which Boiler? A Gas Boiler Guide For A 2-3 Bedroom House
Owning the right boiler is an essential part of having a comfortable, perfectly heated home. The amount of heat pumping through your radiators, for example, needs to be sufficient enough for the type and size of your home, as well as the number of occupants. Not to mention the fact that you need to heat your rooms as efficiently as you can to be kinder to the environment.
Many households today have 2-3 bedrooms, so finding the best gas boiler to accommodate this is an important decision. In this quick guide, we’ll explain which type of gas boiler would suit your home and lifestyle. We’ll even offer you some expert recommendations based on your needs.
Which boiler types should I consider?
There are three main types of gas boiler to consider when looking at your options:
- Combi boilers - this boiler type combines central heating and hot water. These are designed to improve efficiency.
- Standard boilers - also known as regular, traditional, and conventional, this type of boiler requires extra space due to the need for a cylinder in a loft space.
- System boilers – these boilers heat water for the central heating system using a storage cylinder.
For the best gas central heating boiler, the type we’d recommend would be the gas combi boiler. Combi boilers, or combination boilers, combine the central heating function with an efficient hot water heater all in one. The gas combi boiler is already a popular choice for homes across the UK. They’re the cheapest and most efficient option for many.
Which is the best boiler to buy?
The best way to find the boiler for you is by using our 'Find A Boiler' tool. By going through a short series of simple questions, we’ll analyse your responses to recommend the best boilers for you. If you’re in need of some more information, however, we’ll go into more detail in this guide.
We wouldn’t be doing our jobs properly if we just recommended the gas combi boiler as the ideal for a 2-3 bedroom house. Combi boilers are manufactured by many brands, so it’s worth knowing which boiler brands you can really trust to deliver.
- Worcester Bosch Boilers - one of the best, highly sought after brands around. They are one of our go-to choices for new boiler installations. For over 30 years, they have been known to manufacture the highest quality gas, LPG and oil boilers.
- Ideal Boilers - our models of this boiler have received the Quiet Mark accreditation for its quiet operation as well as being recommended by Good Housekeeping readers.
- Heatline Boilers - our Heatline combi boilers are UK manufactured and great value for money. With great energy efficiency and in-built frost protection, you can be confident you’re choosing a quality boiler.
What’s even better is that you can get one of these great brands from us for a great price, installation included.
There are many different models you can choose from when deciding which combi boiler is best. Here are a couple of examples of different models for different requirements:
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar Compact – a small boiler model that can fit into a kitchen cupboard, perfect for households limited in extra space. With an efficiency rating of A, and a 10 year parts and labour warranty, it’s a wise choice for homes with 2-3 bedrooms and a couple of bathrooms.
- Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow Classic – this boiler model has more power but it still comes in a compact design. With a heating rate of up to 20L per minute, this model is perfect for family homes with 2+ bathrooms.
- Heatline Capriz 24C - a lightweight and easy to install boiler boasting great value for money. It’s compact, so great for a home lacking space for a bigger boiler. With a modern design, it’ll be more visually pleasing than other boilers.
- Ideal Logic Plus 30 - a boiler with user-friendly controls. Again, it’s a compact, reliable, and affordable model for a 2-3 bedroom home.
These main models also break down further into the Worcester Bosch Greenstar Highflow CDi to the CDi Classic - for personalised recommendations, you can use our online tool to find a boiler suitable for your home. If you’re still struggling with deciding on which boiler is best for you, you can talk to our engineers through our live chat or call us.
To get a better idea of the ideal combi boiler size follow the table on the link below for more information. depending on how many bedrooms and radiators you have.this will provide you with a greater insight into which size boiler to go for.
Many engineers and those who sell boilers as a part of their service can often charge £2000-£3000 for a standard combi boiler, then charge more on top of that in installation fees. For the best gas boiler deals, BOXT has got you covered.
Without salespeople, we can keep our prices low and fair. For a brand-new Worcester Bosch boiler including installation and a free filter, we offer very competitive prices. All of our boilers come with a guarantee:
- Worcester Bosch - 10 year guarantee
- Ideal - 7 year guarantee
- Heatline - 2 year guarantee
As well as a guarantee giving you peace of mind, we’ll also include free installation and a free boiler filter too.
The advantages of having a gas combi boiler.
A 2-3 bedroom house would benefit greatly by having a gas combi boiler in most cases. There are many advantages:
- They’re highly efficient. All combi boilers manufactured today must have an energy efficiency rating of at least 90%.
- There will be a shorter installation time. Because there isn’t the need for multiple tanks or long pipework, it will take a shorter amount of time to install.
- They’re space saving. Combi boilers are compact in size, so they can easily fit inside a kitchen cupboard if you’re running low on space.
- They hold a lot of power. There is no need to have a separate pump as hot water is delivered at the same pressure as your mains water.
- No waiting times for hot water. You can have hot water on demand so there is no need to wait for your tank to fill with hot water.
Which boiler do I need? Get in touch with our engineers!
Our boiler experts are happy to help you decide on the best gas combi boiler for your home, or even recommend other types if you have certain requirements. If this is the case and we haven’t covered your requirements in this guide, we’d be happy to speak to you over the phone: 0800 193 7777 or online using our live chat feature.< Back to guides