How BOXT is dealing with Coronavirus
Safety has always been a number one priority of ours. Therefore, it’s important to us that you and our colleagues are kept out of harm’s way. With the Government placing the UK as a ‘high risk’, BOXT are taking some extra safety precautions (from advice of the Government and the World Health Organisation) to ensure exposure to COVID-19 is kept to an absolute minimum.
Although this virus is likely to cause some disruption to our lives, BOXT will do everything to ensure you receive the best quality of service and customer care.
Before booking an installation, we ask that if you are suffering from Coronavirus or are self-isolating that you notify us - so we can then devise a suitable plan of action. As the situation is developing day by day, we will make sure to review each case and plan accordingly. During this period, we’ll be prioritising the vulnerable and will do everything we can to keep them with hot water and heating.
Over 70s and 'at-risk' customers:
- Dedicated 24/7 telephone number for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’ - 0800 304 7640 who would like the security of talking directly to customer service to make their booking.
- Priority booking for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’ calling the dedicated number - these customers will benefit from the delivery and installation of a new boiler the next working day if ordered before 3pm.
- Single visit installation for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’, with a solo engineer to perform the install where possible.
- Engineers have been trained to adhere to World Health Organisation guidelines including personal hygiene, zero physical contact and person-to-person distancing.
- During this period, please kindly refrain from offering installers food and drink on the premises.
It’s very important that you let us know if you have:
- Been diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- Been told to self-quarantine.
- Visited any country outside the UK in the 14 days before your installation.
- A cough/cold/sniffle or any other symptoms.
To protect both the installer and our customers, you can expect:
- Thorough cleaning of any surface in the vicinity of their workspace; before and after installation
- Currently; BOXT’s army of committed installers are being issued with disposable work gloves, heavy-duty wipes, refuse sacks and masks.
- Every engineer will carry out a risk assessment with the customer regarding COVID-19 before entering the home.
- Supplies permitting, all engineers will be attending homes with disposable overshoes, coveralls, and more robust facemask.
- No handshake on arrival
- Engineers have been instructed that they must self-isolate if they display any symptoms
Minimising the chance of spreading.
Here at BOXT we don’t employ salespeople, which means only the engineer visits your home. This is highly beneficial in these current circumstances as it limits the potential of any spread. Rather than having multiple salespeople walking in and out of your home - making matters worse.
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Stay 2 metres apart to minimise contact
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we deal with the situation.< Back to guides