How BOXT is dealing with Coronavirus
We are still here to install your new boiler during the current lockdown restrictions and everyone's safety is our number one priority.
With the Government placing the UK under a new lockdown until at least mid-February 2021, BOXT are taking some extra safety precautions (from advice of the Government) to ensure exposure to COVID-19 is kept to an absolute minimum.
Although this virus is likely to cause some disruption to our lives, BOXT will do everything to ensure you receive the best quality of service and customer care.
Before booking an installation, we ask that if you are suffering from Coronavirus or are self-isolating that you notify us - so we can then devise a suitable plan of action. As the situation is developing day by day, we will make sure to review each case and plan accordingly. During this period, we’ll be prioritising the vulnerable and will do everything we can to keep them with hot water and heating.
Over 70s and 'at-risk' customers:
- Dedicated telephone number for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’ - 0800 304 7640 who would like the security of talking directly to customer service to make their booking.
- Priority booking for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’ calling the dedicated number - these customers will benefit from priority delivery and installation of a new boiler.
- Single visit installation for the over 70s and ‘at-risk’, with a solo engineer to perform the install where possible.
- Engineers have been trained to adhere to World Health Organisation guidelines including personal hygiene, zero physical contact and person-to-person distancing.
- During this period, please kindly refrain from offering installers food and drink on the premises.
It’s very important that you let us know if you have:
- Been diagnosed with Coronavirus.
- Been told to self-quarantine.
- Visited any country outside the UK in the 14 days before your installation.
- A cough/cold/sniffle or any other symptoms.
To protect both the installer and our customers, you can expect:
- Thorough cleaning of any surface in the vicinity of their workspace; before and after installation
- Our army of committed installers are being issued with disposable work gloves, heavy-duty wipes, refuse sacks and masks.
- Every engineer will carry out a risk assessment with the customer regarding COVID-19 before entering the home.
- All engineers will be attending homes with disposable overshoes, coveralls, and more robust facemask.
- No handshake on arrival
- Engineers have been instructed that they must self-isolate if they display any symptoms
Minimising the chance of spreading.
Here at BOXT we don’t need to visit your home to give you a quote, which means only the engineer visits your home. This is highly beneficial in these current circumstances as it limits the potential of any spread. Rather than having multiple people walking in and out of your home.
- Wash hands
Keep washing your hands regularly
- Cover face
Wear a face covering in enclosed spaces
- Make space
Stay at least 2 metres apart
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we deal with the situation.< Back to guides